Look for us when you visit the library! Reference Services staff are ready to help you find answers to your questions, suggest direction when you are doing research and recommend materials you might enjoy.
We are available all hours the library is open at the Information Desk on the first floor and at the Reference Desk on the second floor. We can also be reached by telephone at 510-745-1444 or use our Ask Us! page where you can select your choice of virtual reference: Instant Messaging, Ask a Librarian email reference, LiveHomeworkHelp or AskNow Chat.
Reference materials are for in-library use only so that they will be readily available to all visitors. Some of the materials that are available include:
- Auto repair manuals
- Business sources for small business owners, job seekers and investors
- Career and job search handbooks
- Consumer buying guides
- Legal handbooks and codes
- Local History Collection for the Fremont area
- Medical reference books
- Online databases covering many subjects
- Periodicals and newspapers