Link+ allows you to place a request for books that are not available at the Alameda County Library, but are available at participating Link+ libraries, of which Alameda County Library is a member.
- LINK+ is a group of over 40 participating libraries in California and Nevada who share their catalogs with other Link+ libraries.
- Customers who have a library card from a participating library can request a book electronically and have it delivered to their local library.
- Requested books usually arrive within 4 days and will be held for up to 10 days.
- The loan period is 3 weeks with 1 renewal if there is no one waiting. Renew within 3 days of due date.
- There is a fine of $1.00 per day for late returns.
- Patrons may have 15 Link+ transactions at a time.
- There is no charge to request or borrow Link+ materials.
- Please Note that there is a charge of up to $115.00 for lost or damaged materials.
- DVDs, videos, CD Books, cassettes and reference materials are not available through Link+.
To request an item through Link+:
If your search shows that Alameda County Library does not own a book that you would like to borrow, use the Link+ button at the top or bottom of the search page labeled “Search Link+”. Select this button and your search will be done for all participating libraries within the Link+ system. You may then request a title that is available with your Alameda County Library Card. You may also search Link+ directly but if Alameda County Library owns a copy, you will be unable to borrow from a different library.
Link+ is our primary resource for borrowing materials from other libraries. If this does not meet your needs, please contact staff at your local library for further assistance.