The Library will be performing network equipment maintenance on Thursday, November 15th, beginning at 8:30 p.m. The outage to our Library website is expected to last 1-2 hours.
- Fill out the online registration form and submit.
- A response will return immediately with your eCard number if an email address was submitted. There will also be an email sent with a “New Customer Notification” subject line, confirming your eCard number. eCards are valid for 5 years. Keep the email or print out your new library card number.
- Once you have your eCard, you may immediately use any of our remotely-available electronic resources* and place holds (requests) on items. You must replace your e-Card with a full-service card when you come to the library to check-out items. [*Exceptions do apply]
- Please note: eCards are available for Alameda County residents only.
- Your library card is valid for a period of 5 years. When you see the message "your registration has expired", you will need to renew your registration information in person at one of our branches in order to remove this block.
- If you lose your card (eCard or full-service) call the library immediately. We will block it from being used. You must call the branch to cancel your eCard before you will be able to re-apply online.
Full-Service, In-Person Registration
These cards are available to anyone living, working or going to school in the state of California.
You may print out a copy of our registration form in advance to bring with you to the library. Registration form in Espanol, Simplified Chinese 简体中文 or Traditional Chinese 繁体中文. (see below)
To receive a card:
- You will need identification with name and current address.
- Acceptable identification includes: California driver's license or California ID, checkbook with preprinted address, a rental agreement, a property lease or deed, a property tax receipt, or postmarked mail.
- Children under 14 may receive a card the day of application if the registration form is signed by the parent or legal guardian and includes the parent's driver's license.
- You may also fill out a library card application online in the library at any of the library's catalog stations. Click on application, fill out and submit.
- Bring your current identification to the membership/accounts desk at your library.
- The staff person will check and finalize the application and give you a library card.
- All information in our files is kept confidential.
- Library Card Registration Form (English)
- Chinese Simplified Registration Form 简体中文
- Chinese Traditional Registration Form 繁体中文