Link+ allows you to request books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, and VHS not available at the Alameda County Library from a network of over 60 Link+ member libraries.
- Link+ is a group of over 60 participating libraries in California and Nevada who share their catalogs with other Link+ libraries.
- Customers who have a library card from a participating library, such as Alameda County Library, can request a book or media item electronically and have it delivered to their local library.
- There is no charge to request or borrow Link+ materials.
- Requested items usually arrive within 4 days and will be held for up to 10 days.
- The loan period for books is 3 weeks with 1 renewal if there is no one waiting. Renewals can be requested within 3 days of due date.
- The loan period for media items varies from 1 week with no renewal to 3 weeks with one renewal, depending on the lending library. Most 1-week media lending libraries have “7-day check out, no renewal” stickers on the covers of their media, but to avoid unwanted fines, please pay extra attention to this detail.
- There is a fine of $1.00 per day for late returns.
- Patrons may have 15 Link+ transactions at a time.
- Please note that there is a charge of up to $115.00 for lost or damaged materials.
- Reference materials are not available through Link+.
To request an item through Link+:
If your search shows that Alameda County Library does not own a book that you would like to borrow, use the Link+ button at the top or bottom of the search page labeled “Search Link+”. Select this button and your search will be done for all participating libraries within the Link+ system. You may then request a title that is available with your Alameda County Library Card. You may also search Link+ directly but if Alameda County Library owns a copy, you will be unable to borrow from a different library.
Link+ is our primary resource for borrowing materials from other libraries. If this does not meet your needs, please contact staff at your local library for further assistance.