These cards are available to anyone living, working or going to school in the state of California.
You may print out a copy of our registration form in advance to bring with you to the library. Registration form in Espanol, Simplified Chinese 简体中文 or Traditional Chinese 繁体中文. (see below)
To receive a card:
- You will need identification with name and current address.
- Acceptable identification includes: California driver's license or California ID, checkbook with preprinted address, a rental agreement, a property lease or deed, a property tax receipt, or postmarked mail.
- Children under 14 may receive a card the day of application if the registration form is signed by the parent or legal guardian and includes the parent's driver's license.
- You may also fill out a library card application online in the library at any of the library's catalog stations. Click on application, fill out and submit.
- Bring your current identification to the membership/accounts desk at your library.
- The staff person will check and finalize the application and give you a library card.
- All information in our files is kept confidential.